Practicle’s contents are closely aligned to the Ministry of Education (MOE) Primary 1 Math Syllabus. You’ll find all the questions in our Primary 1 (P1) database tagged according to the topics and skills that a Primary 1 student is required to know in Singapore.
Overview of the 2020 Primary 1 Math Syllabus
The 2020 Primary 1 Math Syllabus can be broadly divided into 3 main branches – Numbers, Measurement and Geometry and finally, Graphs. Here are the topics and skills that you can expect to find in our system.
Math for Primary 1 kids begins with simple counting before they move on to learn how to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
The Primary 1 (P1) Math topics that are covered under the topic Numbers are: Numbers, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division. You can refer to the table below for the breakdown of the skills in each topic.
- Count the number of objects (Max:10)
- Count the number of objects (Max:20)
- Count the number of objects in tens (Max:100)
- Compare and order numbers (Max:10)
- Compare and order numbers (Max:20)
- Compare and order numbers (Max:100)
- Understand place values up to 10
- Identifying ordinal numbers – exact position
- Identifying ordinal numbers – relative position
- Know number bonds for numbers up to 10
- Add 2 1-digit numbers
- Add a 1-digit number to 2-digit number
- Add 2 2-digit numbers
- Subtract 2 1-digit numbers
- Subtract a 1-digit number to 2-digit number
- Subtract 2 2-digit numbers
- Add equal groups
- Multiply within 40
- Divide within 20
- Identify patterns in number sequences
- Identify patterns 2D shapes according to size, shape, colour & orientation
- Count amount of money in cents up to $1
- Count amount of money in dollars up to $100
Measurement and Geometry
The Primary 1 (P1) Math topics that are covered under Measurement and Geometry are: Shapes, Length, Time and Money. See below for the breakdown of the skills in each topic.
- Measure and estimate the length in non-standard units
- Compare the length of objects through observation
- Read the time to the hour/half hour
- Identify a square
- Identify a rectangle
- Identify a circle
- Identify a triangle
- Cutting shapes into basic pieces
The Primary 1 (P1) Math topic under Graphs mainly focuses on Picture Graphs.
- Read and interpret picture graphs