All Math questions you see in Practicle are fully aligned with the Ministry of Education (MOE) Primary 2 Math Syllabus.
With your free account, your child can practice unlimited questions and master the ways to solve common questions seen in their homework, worksheets and tests.
Overview of the 2020 Primary 2 Math Syllabus
The 2020 Primary 2 Math Syllabus can be broadly divided into 3 main branches – Numbers, Measurement and Geometry and finally, Graphs.
See below for a comprehensive list of the topics and skills that a Primary 2 student will be exposed to during Practicle’s adaptive Math practice.
Math for Primary 2 kids builds on what your child has learnt in Primary 1 and expands the range of numbers that they deal with.
The Primary 2 (P2) Math topics that are covered under Number are Numbers, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division and Fractions. You can refer below for the breakdown of the skills in each topic.
- Count the number of objects in hundreds (Max:1000)
- Compare and order numbers (Max:1000)
- Understand place values up to 100
- Add a 1-digit number to 3-digit number
- Add a 2-digit number to 3-digit number
- Add 2 3-digit numbers
- Subtract a 1-digit number to 3-digit number
- Subtract a 2-digit number to 3-digit number
- Subtract 2 3-digit numbers
- Count in 2s
- Count in 3s
- Count in 4s
- Count in 5s
- Count in 10s
- Write an equation with a division sign
- Divide in 2s
- Divide in 3s
- Divide in 4s
- Divide in 5s
- Divide in 10s
- Identify odd & even number sequences
- Identify patterns with 2D shapes according to size, shape, colour & orientation
- Identify patterns with 3D shapes
- Write fractions
- Compare and order fractions (unit fractions)
- Compare and order fractions (like fractions)
- Add fractions within a whole (like fractions)
- Subtract fractions within a whole (like fractions)
- Read and write money in decimal notation
- Compare money
- Express money in decimal to cents only and vice versa
Measurement and Geometry
The Primary 2 (P2) Math topics that are covered under Measurement and Geometry are expansions on what the Primary 1s have learnt about Shapes, Length, Time and Money. New topics include Solids, Mass and Volume. See below for the breakdown of the skills in each topic.
- Estimate length of more than 1 m or less
- Choose when to use cm vs m
- Reading length with a ruler
- Compare and order lengths
- Estimate mass of more than 1 kg or less
- Choose when to use g vs kg
- Reading mass with a scale
- Compare and order mass
- Estimate volume of more than 1 ℓ or less
- Reading volume in ℓ
- Compare and order volume
- Tell time to 5 minutes
- Use ‘a.m.’ and ‘p.m.’
- Use h and min
- Identify hands on the clock face for a given time (mins)
- Identify hands on the clock face for a given time (hrs)
- Measure duration of 1 hour/half hour
- Identify a semi-circle
- Identify a quarter circle
- Identify a cube
- Identify a cuboid
- Identify a cylinder
- Identify a cone
- Identify a sphere
The Primary 2 (P2) Math topic under Graphs is an expansion on what the Primary 1s have learnt about Picture Graphs.
- Read and interpret picture graphs with scales